Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Intro - A night with the girls (and away from the girls)

My twin two-year old girls plus brother are "the Three". A lot of the time it is just the three of us. We get along pretty well. They are great kids, most of the time. Yesterday was not one of those times. I will spare you the rather disgusting details of my day taking care of, and cleaning up after the dear little monsters. It involved emergency steaming of the carpets and hardwood floors, an extra load of laundry (on hot to sanitize) and second bath in one day (for them, not for me). Oh, and sterilizing a number of toys.


By 6:55 p.m. I was at my wits end. The ringing of the doorbell brought salvation in the form of the best babysitter in the world. So, off I went. The agenda for the evening including absolutely delicious Indian food and margaritas. Odd mix I guess, but it worked for us. I don't often go out, or didn't until I met my aforementioned savior, so I really enjoy getting out with the girls. The conversation was great, roaming from kids, to travels, to photography, to cooking. With plenty of laughter intermixed. I do truly love the kids, but it was great to get out on my own.


Afterwards, we headed out to a Cantina for margaritas. My new favorite bartender sold us a pitcher of margaritas, that she assured us held five servings. In reality it turned out to be closer to five servings per person. The never ending pitcher was the perfect answer to my day! It was while we sat at the bar laughing and talking that the subject of blogs can up. I had considered documenting my thoughts in a blog, but never committed to it. Part of the problem was what to discuss. I considered blogging about the kids, about health, fitness, weight loss, design, but couldn't pin it down.


Last night I pondered the idea for a few margarita soaked minutes. I decided then that keeping an online journal about me, the kids, work and everything in between sounded right. It still seemed like a good idea this morning, so here starts the blog, Me and the Three - 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment